Science Foundation Ireland Discover Programme Call 2016
The Science Foundation Ireland Discover Programme Call aims to support and develop science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) education and public engagement sector in Ireland by:
- investing in, developing and extending activity and ability in this area, and
- exploring and encouraging novel means of engaging the public
The purpose of the Call is to support projects that encourage people of all ages and from all walks of life to be informed, inspired and involved in STEM. Applications must clearly outline how the project will address Science Foundation Ireland’s goal to have an engaged and scientifically informed public in Ireland.
An engaged public feels confident to:
- understand the role of STEM in our lives
- can judge between competing STEM arguments / engage in informed debate on STEM issues
- encourage young people to study and work in STEM
- feels engaged with STEM research
Projects should address this by showing how they:
- promote and support STEM education
- promote STEM career pathways
- increase the general public’s engagement with STEM and its importance in society
For further information see: http://www.sfi.ie/funding/funding-calls/open-calls/science-foundation-ir...