PREPARED Education Project - Department of General Practice - University College Cork
The Primary Care Education, Pathways and Research in Dementia (PREPARED Project) overseen by Dr Tony Foley, GP and Lecturer in the Department of General Practice UCC.
Th course is a broad clinical education initiative to upskill GPs and health care professionals working in Primary Care Teams in the diagnosis and managment of dementia in the community.
In 2016 and 2017 the PREPARED project will be involved in rolling out a number of dementia training and education initiatives including:-
- Bespoke practice based dementia workshops for GPs
- Dementia education seminars for GPs at national and local events
- Online dementia education modules for GPs (in conjunction with the ICGP)
- Clinical resources, including decision support tools, interactive guidelines, care pathways and a database of supports and services, through the www.dementiapathways.ie web resource
- Other national and local dementia training and education workshops, seminars and online initiatives for GPs and Primary Care Team clinicians
Please click here for access to the full dementia pathways resources www.dementiapathways.ie
If you would like further information about the PREPARED project and how to get involved please visit the website at https://www.ucc.ie/en/gp/research/