Lifestory and Activities in Dementia Care
The DSIDC (Dementia Services Information & Development Centre) will be holding a two day workshop on the subject of Lifestory and Activities in Dementia Care, on Wednesday 19th September (day 1) and 14th November (day 2) from 9.00am to 4.00pm.
The aim of this workshop is to develop knowledge and skills to record life stories and design activities.
On completion of this workshop participants will have the knowledge to:
· Relate the importance of life story work and activities to quality of life
· Describe various ways of collecting life story information
· Explore the use of various types of activities
· Design and present an activity for a person with a dementia
· Debate the relevant ethical issues
The workshop will be held in the seminar room on the sixth floor of Mercer’s Institute for Successful Ageing, St James’s Hospital.
DSIDC request that prior to attending this workshop participants have completed some dementia training ideally a foundation in dementia care.
If you would like to attend this workshop please complete the attached booking form.
Cost €130.00 per person
For further information on our workshops please visit www.dementia.ie or call 01 4162035